Tech experts exit White House – POLITICO.com
By Kim Hart and Michelle Quinn, Politico Pro, 7/8/11
When President Barack Obama took office, he brought with him a pack of technology advocates with impressive résumés and ambitious visions. They wanted to improve the government through the use of Internet tools and iPhone apps and help shape communications policy to expand broadband. But the core group of techies that launched big initiatives has left the White House over the past six months, raising questions about what will become of the administration’s technology-focused goals…The administration says its commitment to technology remains strong. …
For full text of the article, visit Tech experts exit White House – Kim Hart and Michelle Quinn – POLITICO.com.
- First Ever White House Tweetup? More Like an Old AOL Auditorium Event (roncasalotti.wordpress.com)
Tags: BarackObama, Beth Noveck, Gov20, government, Holdren, OpenGov, OSTP, President, Public Policy and Regulation, Social media, Social Media, Technology, Transparency, United State, Viveck Kunra, White House
Lea Shanley is the Founder and former Director of the Commons Lab of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. She is currently serving as a Presidential Innovation Fellow at NASA and GSA's 18F innovation team on crowdsourcing and citizen science.
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog or or associated organizations.
- What can we do to turn this around? When women stopped coding via @NPR npr.org/blogs/money/20… 1 hour ago
- Space Station, @NASA Expedition XLV: the Science Continues! nytimes.com/live/internati… http://t.co/CsvY5FSJjz 4 hours ago
- RT @STIPidealab: DC science & tech nerds, unite! @STIPCommonsLab is hosting the first-ever Science Hack Day in DC @TheWilsonCenter! http://… 2 days ago
- "Politics, love and death in genetic imperialism" by @eleonorpauwels #identity #genetics bit.ly/1MyqZKc 2 weeks ago
- 118,636 hits