by Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry, Business Insider SAI,July 22, 2011
Elevation Partners and Facebook investor Roger McNamee, who is also a rock musician, gave an amazing talk recently where he goes over some of the biggest trends affecting the technology industry. … More specifically, a few big themes:
- Microsoft is toast because we’re moving to a post-PC era;
- HTML5, the new web standard that allows to make interactive web pages, is going to revolutionize the media and advertising industries;
- Social is “done”, it’s now a feature, don’t go do a social startup. …
For full text of the article, visit Facebook Investor Roger McNamee Explains Why Social Is Over.
Dr. Lea Shanley is the founder and former co-Chair of the Federal Community of Practice on Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science, a vibrant community of 200 federal employees from more than 35 agencies. She is also a co-founding member of the Citizen Science Association. Dr. Shanley recently served as a Presidential Innovation Fellow at NASA, where she helped to foster a culture of open innovation. Prior to this, she founded and directed the Commons Lab at the Wilson Center, served in the US Senate as a Congressional Science Fellow, and worked with local and tribal communities to develop GIS-based decision support systems for city planning, natural resource management, coastal management, and disaster response through the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog or or associated organizations.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- RT @BioCollectives: .@WIRED @m_e_rhodes Great Read on #SidewaysDictionary by #Google tech incubator - The price of using analogies? @TheWil… 3 years ago
- RT @BioCollectives: Don’t know what a honeypot is? This plug-in uses analogies to make security terms totally understandable https://t.co/4… 3 years ago
- 140,898 hits