After 5 years, this is nearly a reality. The URISA community, along with Census, NENA, USPS, FGDC and many others have supported this effort along the way.
Address Data Standard: Final Draft Submission of the United States Thoroughfare, Landmark, and Postal Address Data Standard
Visit http://www.urisa.org/about/initiatives/addressstandard to link to the following PDF files for each of the parts of the Standard. Click on each link to display the file for reading or download.
- Address Data Content
- Address Data Classification
- Address Data Quality
- Address Data Exchange
- References Cited
- Postal Addressing Profile of the Federal Geographic Data Committee United States Thoroughfare, Landmark, and Postal Address Standard
- Profile Reconciling the FGDC United States Thoroughfare, Landmark, and Postal Address Data Standard and the NENA Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) Civic Location Data Exchange Format (CLDXF) Standard
- Issuance of OMB Circular A-16 Supplemental Guidance (geodatapolicy.wordpress.com)
- FEMA’s new Risk MAP Guidelines provide Geographic Planners Ability to Integrate Lower Cost Intermap Elevation Data in Risk MAP Updates… (projectworldawareness.com)