Tuesday, March 05, 2013 The Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM) urges national investment in a comprehensive, updated flood map inventory for every community in the US. This will drive down costs and suffering from flooding on our nation and its citizens, as well as providing the best tool for managing flood risk and building sustainable communities.
For full text and to download a copy of the report, visit The Association of State Floodplain Managers | ASFPM.
- More Resources on Floods – from ASFPM (recoverydiva.com)
From Secrecy News, September 16, 2011:
- “Climate Change: Conceptual Approaches and Policy Tools,” August 29, 2011
- “Homeland Security Department: FY2012 Appropriations,” September 2, 2011
- “Congressional Primer on Major Disasters and Emergencies,” August 31, 2011
The UN-SPIDER Knowledge Portal for space-based information for the earthquake in Japan and Tsunami in the Pacific Region:
- Japan earthquake and tsunami (fieldnotes.unicefusa.org)
- NOAA’s National Weather Service – Pacific Tsunami Warning Center (stevenleesdouglas.wordpress.com)
- Spread of the Tsunami Visualized by NOAA (cehwiedel.com)