FTC Releases Recommendations for Mobile Privacy Disclosures
by Richard Santalesa, Information Law Group, February 4, 2013
“… the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) last Friday, Feb. 1, 2013, issued a new 36-page staff report, Mobile Privacy Disclosures: Building Trust Through Transparency, that recaps the FTC’s previous mobile and online privacy related efforts and distills its latest recommendations for clearly and transparently informing users about mobile data practices in the “rapidly expanding mobile marketplace. … Rather than highlighting merely one facet of the mobile world, the Report cements the FTC’s broad interest in improving privacy disclosures across the entire “mobile ecosystem” in recognition of the mushrooming growth, use and capabilities of mobile devices and smartphones. Today it calls upon apps developers, OS providers, carriers, advertisers and mobile device makers.”
For a copy of the FTC Mobile Privacy Disclosures report, click here.
For full text of this review article, visit FTC Releases Recommendations for Mobile Privacy Disclosures | InfoLawGroup.
- FTC: App developers, stores should take new privacy steps (networkworld.com)
- FTC offers privacy guidelines for mobile industry (miamiherald.com)
- IP Lasso Responds To FTC Report on Mobile Privacy And Enforcement Action (prweb.com)
- FTC Staff Report Recommends Ways to Improve Mobile Privacy Disclosures (ftc.gov)
Tags: Advertising, App, Apple, Developers, Federal Trade Commission, FTC, GIS, Jon Leibowitz, LBS, Location Privacy, Marketing, Mobile, Mobile device, Mobile Privacy Disclosures, Operating system, Privacy, Security, Transparency, Trust
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog; the Woodrow Wilson Center; the Science and Technology Innovation Program; its staff, scholars, or interns.
- Submit your ideas for experiments to be conducted on the int'l space station iss-casis.org #NASA #ISS 16 hours ago
- #NASA astronaut Steve Swanson says core muscles atrophy faster than others in space. Crew exercises 2hrs/day. #ISS http://t.co/96XF0kujrn 16 hours ago
- Join us for @hiltonroot at @TheWilsonCenter next week: wed feb 25th 12:30pm. Engaging conversation with the author of Dynamics Among Nations 1 week ago
- USGS, NPS and FWS Partner to Create New Citizen Science Project wp.me/p1MEA1-rT via @STIPCommonsLab 1 week ago
- 118,097 hits