Senate Judiciary Committee votes on Location Privacy Act
The Senate Judiciary Committee held an executive business meeting to consider pending nominations and legislation on December 13, 2012, including the Location Privacy Protection Act. The bill, however, was not enacted in the last Congress.
Watch the video here (meeting starts at 21 min into video).
- Substitute Amendment HEN12877 (Franken) Adopted By Unanimous Consent
For more information and links to the amendments listed above, please visit Senate Judiciary Committee.
- Location-Tracking Apps Would Need Permission in U.S. Bill – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Expect Elizabeth Warren on Senate Judiciary Committee (legalinsurrection.com)
- Senate Judiciary Committee Passes ECPA, Which Will Require Warrants For Messages and Emails (betabeat.com)
- Senate Committee Moves Forward with Internet Privacy Bill (legaltimes.typepad.com)
- Senate Judiciary Committee approves bill requiring authorities to obtain warrants for email records (theverge.com)