Landsat Turns 40, What’s Next?
- Learn about the important role of #Landsat, mapping 40yrs of land cover change: http://tinyurl.com/c2r9bhj and http://on.doi.gov/O00Ent
- NASA–USGS‘s #Landsat Data Continuity Mission becomes an observatory: http://bit.ly/LXiY6V
- Bruce Quirk, USGUS Land Remote Sensing Program Coordinator, PPT on #LANDSAT Program status to National #Geospatial Advisory Committee (April 2012): http://tinyurl.com
- National #Geospatial Advisory Committee recommendations on #Landsat (April 2012): http://tinyurl.com/cg38u8k
- USGS Keeps Landsat 5 Satellite Alive (geodatapolicy.wordpress.com)
- Landsat data continuity mission becomes an observatory (phys.org)
- NASA’s Landsat Data Continuity Mission becomes an observatory (sciencedaily.com)
- Vote on best images: Earth as Art (earthsky.org)
Tags: #NASASocial, Land cover, Landsat, Landsat Data Continuity Mission, Landsat program, NASA, Operational Land Imager, Orbital Sciences Corporation, Remote sensing, United States Geological Survey, USGS
Dr. Lea Shanley is the founder and former co-Chair of the Federal Community of Practice on Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science, a vibrant community of 200 federal employees from more than 35 agencies. She is also a co-founding member of the Citizen Science Association. Dr. Shanley recently served as a Presidential Innovation Fellow at NASA, where she helped to foster a culture of open innovation. Prior to this, she founded and directed the Commons Lab at the Wilson Center, served in the US Senate as a Congressional Science Fellow, and worked with local and tribal communities to develop GIS-based decision support systems for city planning, natural resource management, coastal management, and disaster response through the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog or or associated organizations.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Check out the video recap of our event from last week about #CitSci project designs and the role of policymakers: buff.ly/1TyZ40z 11 hours ago
- How can the #CitSci community reach policymakers more effectively? Watch the @STIPCommonsLab videorecap to find out: buff.ly/26y7lsI 22 hours ago
- 122,824 hits