Landsat Turns 40, What’s Next?
- Learn about the important role of #Landsat, mapping 40yrs of land cover change: http://tinyurl.com/c2r9bhj and http://on.doi.gov/O00Ent
- NASA-USGS‘s #Landsat Data Continuity Mission becomes an observatory: http://bit.ly/LXiY6V
- Bruce Quirk, USGUS Land Remote Sensing Program Coordinator, PPT on #LANDSAT Program status to National #Geospatial Advisory Committee (April 2012): http://tinyurl.com
- National #Geospatial Advisory Committee recommendations on #Landsat (April 2012): http://tinyurl.com/cg38u8k
- USGS Keeps Landsat 5 Satellite Alive (geodatapolicy.wordpress.com)
- Landsat data continuity mission becomes an observatory (phys.org)
- NASA’s Landsat Data Continuity Mission becomes an observatory (sciencedaily.com)
- Vote on best images: Earth as Art (earthsky.org)
Tags: #NASASocial, Land cover, Landsat, Landsat Data Continuity Mission, Landsat program, NASA, Operational Land Imager, Orbital Sciences Corporation, Remote sensing, United States Geological Survey, USGS
Lea Shanley is the Founder and former Director of the Commons Lab of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. She is currently serving as a Presidential Innovation Fellow at NASA and GSA's 18F innovation team on crowdsourcing and citizen science.
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog or or associated organizations.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- RT @STIPidealab: DC science & tech nerds, unite! @STIPCommonsLab is hosting the first-ever Science Hack Day in DC @TheWilsonCenter! http://… 2 days ago
- "Politics, love and death in genetic imperialism" by @eleonorpauwels #identity #genetics bit.ly/1MyqZKc 2 weeks ago
- 118,638 hits