A code of conduct for apps
by Tony Romm, Politico.com, May 20, 2012
As smartphone-crazed consumers fiddle with Angry Birds and challenge each other on Words With Friends, policymakers are playing a different game: bringing order to mobile apps. To Washington, the daily deals tools, social networks and other programs that consumers download onto their smartphones present new challenges to consumer privacy and security. Lawmakers are keenly aware of the horror stories of apps surreptitiously accessing user address books or broadcasting location data sans permission. …
For full text of the article, visit A code of conduct for apps – Tony Romm – POLITICO.com.
- A code of conduct for apps (politico.com)
- How Tech Giants Will Win with the New Consumer Privacy Bill (theatlanticwire.com)
- White House unveils privacy bill of rights (politico.com)
Dr. Lea Shanley is the founder and former co-Chair of the Federal Community of Practice on Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science, a vibrant community of 200 federal employees from more than 35 agencies. She is also a co-founding member of the Citizen Science Association. Dr. Shanley recently served as a Presidential Innovation Fellow at NASA, where she helped to foster a culture of open innovation. Prior to this, she founded and directed the Commons Lab at the Wilson Center, served in the US Senate as a Congressional Science Fellow, and worked with local and tribal communities to develop GIS-based decision support systems for city planning, natural resource management, coastal management, and disaster response through the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog or or associated organizations.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- RT @BioCollectives: .@WIRED @m_e_rhodes Great Read on #SidewaysDictionary by #Google tech incubator - The price of using analogies? @TheWil… 2 years ago
- RT @BioCollectives: Don’t know what a honeypot is? This plug-in uses analogies to make security terms totally understandable https://t.co/4… 2 years ago
- 136,709 hits