What is a Virtual Operations Support Team?
Have you heard of Virtual Operations Support Teams? Scott Reuter posted a guest blog post on iDisaster 2.0 Blog outlining the concept.
by Scott Reuter, iDisaster 2.0 Blog, February 13, 2012
…. Here’s a quick definition of the VOST [Virtual Operations Support Team] concept:
Virtual Operations Support (VOS) as applied to emergency management and disaster recovery is an effort to make use of new communication technologies and social media tools so that a team of trusted agents can lend support via the internet to those on-site who may otherwise be overwhelmed by the volume of data generated during a disaster.
VOS Teams (VOST) are activated to perform specific functions in support of affected organizations & jurisdictions. Each VOST has a Team Leader that reports directly to the affected organization/jurisdiction. ….
For an overview of this concept and how it’s being implemented in the filed, see Scott Reuter’s post What is a Virtual Operations Support Team? | idisaster 2.0.
- What is a Virtual Operations Support Team? (idisaster.wordpress.com)
- Social Media and the Super Bowl: 4 Key lessons for Emergency Managers (idisaster.wordpress.com)
Lea Shanley is the Founder and former Director of the Commons Lab of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. She is currently serving as a Presidential Innovation Fellow at NASA and GSA's 18F innovation team on crowdsourcing and citizen science.
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog or or associated organizations.
- RT @ArazTH: Early view: The Fundamentals of #Policy #Crowdsourcing is out ssrn.com/abstract=26487… @CrowdWeek @Crowdsourcing_ @EoinCullina @… 4 days ago
- RT @deepseadawn: Presidential Innovation Fellows Program to be Permanent. Yes! We need more folks like @GeodataPolicy @hd23408! http://t.co… 4 days ago
- Which @MIT #3Dprinting advancement is cooler? 10-material briefcase printer buff.ly/1EZs0pO or printing glass buff.ly/1EZrYOB 6 days ago
- RT @LuxResearch: MIT’s MultiFab Presents a Challenge to Incumbent #3D Printer Manufacturers’ Hardware, Software, & Business Models | http:/… 6 days ago
- 120,352 hits