What’s on the Tech Agenda for Congress?
Few Americans are aware that there is an active tech agenda pending before this Congress that carries enormous implications for technological innovation, for the privacy and free expression rights of Internet users and, ultimately, for the openness of the Internet. … I retired my crystal ball some years ago; I know better than to predict whether and when Congress might act on any particular measure. But that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t take a moment to understand what is at stake and let members of Congress know where we stand — firmly on the side of the open Internet. So here are some of the top tech bills to watch:
- [Consumer privacy;
- Government privacy (ECPA);
- the Protect IP Act (PIPA);
- Data retention;
- Data breach;
- and net neutrality; GPS & LightSquared; and GPS tracking and the Fourth Amendment.]
For full text of the article, visit Tech Agenda: Bills Carry Enormous Implications for Technology – ABC News.
- What’s on Washington’s Tech Agenda? (abcnews.go.com)
- Op-ed: The shocking strangeness of our 25-year-old digital privacy law (arstechnica.com)
- Senators Call for Privacy Law Update (eff.org)
- Leahy Pledges Action On ECPA By End Of Year (techdailydose.nationaljournal.com)
- Very Busy Agenda for Congress (politicalwire.com)