The Future of Social Networks and Geolocation
Thank you to Kevin Pomfret for passing these along via his Spatial Law and Policy Update (April 29, 2011):
Three interesting articles about the future of geospatial – each touches on some important legal and policy issues:
- Google Turns Map-Maker Loose in the U.S. (giga.com) Worthwhile read on where crowdsourced data is going and how it will be used.
- The Future of Geolocation – What is coming? (Socialmediaexplorer) Useful discussion of future of geolocation social networks.
- Why you will want Apple and Google to track you (FastCompany)Kevin PomfretExecutive Director
- Geolocation Users Want Connection Not Coupons (marketingpilgrim.com)
- Is Location as Effective as Social Media? (webpronews.com)
- Google faces $50 million lawsuit over Android location tracking (textually.org)
- Involuntary Geolocation To Within One Kilometer (yro.slashdot.org)
Dr. Lea Shanley is the founder and former co-Chair of the Federal Community of Practice on Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science, a vibrant community of 200 federal employees from more than 35 agencies. She is also a co-founding member of the Citizen Science Association. Dr. Shanley recently served as a Presidential Innovation Fellow at NASA, where she helped to foster a culture of open innovation. Prior to this, she founded and directed the Commons Lab at the Wilson Center, served in the US Senate as a Congressional Science Fellow, and worked with local and tribal communities to develop GIS-based decision support systems for city planning, natural resource management, coastal management, and disaster response through the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog or or associated organizations.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- RT @BioCollectives: .@WIRED @m_e_rhodes Great Read on #SidewaysDictionary by #Google tech incubator - The price of using analogies? @TheWil… 1 year ago
- RT @BioCollectives: Don’t know what a honeypot is? This plug-in uses analogies to make security terms totally understandable https://t.co/4… 1 year ago
- 130,791 hits