Status of Policy Implementations of Open Government Data
…2009 was a big year. We saw the Senate start publishing votes in XML, the launch of data.gov and the Open Government Directive, and the GPO released XML for the Federal Register and Code of Federal Regulations. … There were also open standards laws passed in Vancouver and Portland. 2010 was a big year for posturing. We saw introduced in Congress H.R. 4983: Transparency in Government Act of 2010 Quigley, H.R. 6289: To direct the Librarian of Congress to make available to the public the bulk legislative… Foster, and H.R. 4858: The Public Online Information Act of 2010. The Congressional Transparency Caucus was created Quigley/Issa. …
Source: Joshua Tauberer’s Blog, posted April 18, 2011 For full text of the article with links to legislation, click on The status of policy implementations of Open Government Data Joshua Tauberer’s Blog.
- Office of Management and Budget: Open Government | The White House (policyabcs.wordpress.com)
- NASA Releases Status on Open Government Initiatives (prnewswire.com)
- FCC.gov reboots as an open government platform (radar.oreilly.com)
- The Death of Open Data? (technologyreview.com)
- The Death of Open Data? (technologyreview.in)