Is an Exam in Your Future? Past, Present, Future of GIS Certification
GISCI Executive Director on Past, Present, Future of GISP
By Sheila Wilson, Directions Magazine, Sunday, February 27th 2011
Summary: GISCI’s Executive Director Sheila Wilson writes about the addition of an exam to the GISP certification process. She addresses “the history of the debate, where we stand now, and the options being discussed by the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI).”
Should the GIS professional (GISP) certification include an exam? That question has been asked since the idea of GIS certification originated with the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA). This article will discuss the history of the debate, where we stand now, and the options being discussed by the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI).
For full article, visit: GISCI Executive Director on Past, Present, Future of GISP – Directions Magazine.
- NSGIC News: Should There Be An Exam for GIS Certification? (Updated) (geodatapolicy.wordpress.com)
Tags: Certification, Exam, Geographic Data, geographic information system, Geographic Information Systems Certification Institute, Geospatial Technology, GIS, GIS Certification Institute, GISCI, GISP, Information systems, MAPPS, News and Events, Social Sciences, URISA
Lea Shanley is the Founder and former Director of the Commons Lab of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. She is currently serving as a Presidential Innovation Fellow at NASA and GSA's 18F innovation team on crowdsourcing and citizen science.
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog or or associated organizations.
- Watch NASA TV NOW for live event w/ Pluto New Horizons mission team #PlutoFlyby #askNASA http://t.co/k8sRqD3ufV 1 week ago
- Celebrating New Horizons - Capturing the Heart of Pluto #PlutoFlyby #askNASA http://t.co/wiU4mVMoAX 1 week ago
- Considering the extent to which #GPS is integrated into modern life, its susceptibility to jamming concerns experts buff.ly/1LPSK1K 20 hours ago
- RT @wilsonquarterly: The full potential of #GPS was not realized until the NATO intervention in Kosovo at the end of the 1990s: http://t.co… 1 day ago
- 120,093 hits