Earth Science Information Partners Winter Conference Next Week
The Earth Science Information Partners is having conference is from January 4 – 6, 2011 in Washington, DC.
ESIP is: “a diverse network of scientists, data stewards and technology developers that:
- Improves access to Earth science data and information.
- Connects public, academic and private providers to each other and users of Earth science data and information.
- Promotes consensus-based solutions and best practices affecting the Earth science data and information community
- Provides a neutral forum for Earth science data experts to collaborate, learn and solve communitywide problems affecting access, dissemination and use of Earth science data and information.”
Topics include Data Preservation and Stewardship, Semantic Web, Data Search, Interoperability, Program Evaluation, Climate Change Education, Climate and Energy Policy and User Requirements, Cloud Computing, Air Quality, and more.
- Air Twitter: Social Media Meets Science (forbes.com)