How does the cloud enable advanced analysis against massive volumes of data?
Source: Federal News Radio, October 20th, 2010 at 11 AM
The application of knowledge discovery within the cloud is immensely powerful, but not inbuilt. We are collectively moving past the question of “what is cloud computing“, and swiftly moving towards “how does the cloud enable advanced analysis against massive volumes of data?” With industry and government leveraging multiple clouds, how do we successfully share and search large collections of data across systems, departments, and geographies? Organizations will continue to discuss and better understand the analytic power and economies of cloud computing, in the sense of data storage, sharing, and management; but we are quickly discovering that creating knowledge from data is more than just a discussion of technology. It’s a discussion of what can be accomplished when massive data and cloud computing efficiencies combine to make advanced analysis and innovation possible.
For link to podcast, click here.
- Michael Byrne- Geographic Information Officer, Federal Communications Commission
- Jeff Jonas– Chief Scientist, IBM Entity Analytics Group
- David Mihelcic- Chief Technology Officer, Defense Information Systems Agency
- Chris Nissen- National Security Analysis Group, MITRE
- Mike Olson- Chief Executive Officer, Cloudera
Moderator: Chris Kelly – Senior Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton