Landsat Turns 40, What’s Next?
- Learn about the important role of #Landsat, mapping 40yrs of land cover change: http://tinyurl.com/c2r9bhj and http://on.doi.gov/O00Ent
- NASA-USGS‘s #Landsat Data Continuity Mission becomes an observatory: http://bit.ly/LXiY6V
- Bruce Quirk, USGUS Land Remote Sensing Program Coordinator, PPT on #LANDSAT Program status to National #Geospatial Advisory Committee (April 2012): http://tinyurl.com
- National #Geospatial Advisory Committee recommendations on #Landsat (April 2012): http://tinyurl.com/cg38u8k
- USGS Keeps Landsat 5 Satellite Alive (geodatapolicy.wordpress.com)
- Landsat data continuity mission becomes an observatory (phys.org)
- NASA’s Landsat Data Continuity Mission becomes an observatory (sciencedaily.com)
- Vote on best images: Earth as Art (earthsky.org)
Tags: #NASASocial, Land cover, Landsat, Landsat Data Continuity Mission, Landsat program, NASA, Operational Land Imager, Orbital Sciences Corporation, Remote sensing, United States Geological Survey, USGS
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog; the Woodrow Wilson Center; the Science and Technology Innovation Program; its staff, scholars, or interns.
- RT @ConanOBrien: I picked out my Halloween costume. I’m going as “Slutty Madeleine Albright.” 1 day ago
- RT @madeleine: .@ConanOBrien I'm considering going as hunky Conan O'Brien - but that might be too far fetched. 1 day ago
- #crowdfunding a marine park; using #drones to monitor! bit.ly/ZJR1Xm 1 day ago
- #crowdsourcing for cancer research bit.ly/1uGEZql 2 days ago
- 116,439 hits