What is a Virtual Operations Support Team?
Have you heard of Virtual Operations Support Teams? Scott Reuter posted a guest blog post on iDisaster 2.0 Blog outlining the concept.
by Scott Reuter, iDisaster 2.0 Blog, February 13, 2012
…. Here’s a quick definition of the VOST [Virtual Operations Support Team] concept:
Virtual Operations Support (VOS) as applied to emergency management and disaster recovery is an effort to make use of new communication technologies and social media tools so that a team of trusted agents can lend support via the internet to those on-site who may otherwise be overwhelmed by the volume of data generated during a disaster.
VOS Teams (VOST) are activated to perform specific functions in support of affected organizations & jurisdictions. Each VOST has a Team Leader that reports directly to the affected organization/jurisdiction. ….
For an overview of this concept and how it’s being implemented in the filed, see Scott Reuter’s post What is a Virtual Operations Support Team? | idisaster 2.0.
- What is a Virtual Operations Support Team? (idisaster.wordpress.com)
- Social Media and the Super Bowl: 4 Key lessons for Emergency Managers (idisaster.wordpress.com)
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog; the Woodrow Wilson Center; the Science and Technology Innovation Program; its staff, scholars, or interns.
- RT @billschrier: The #NASCIO14 state members meeting elects CIO Stu Davis as Pres., David Gustafson VP @statMasterAck Darryl Ackley http://… 1 day ago
- RT @opengovpart: #USA makes new citizen engagement commitment. #OGPatUN #opengov http://t.co/XbpaiHtzp2 2 days ago
- Using on board sensors in smart phones, the app atmosHere #crowdsources hyper-local weather information. bit.ly/1riP91p 6 days ago
- Time of day and location impact user choice to share crime data says DPS at #Syracuse University. Find out more: bit.ly/1ypCn7G 1 week ago
- 116,139 hits