What is a Virtual Operations Support Team?
Have you heard of Virtual Operations Support Teams? Scott Reuter posted a guest blog post on iDisaster 2.0 Blog outlining the concept.
by Scott Reuter, iDisaster 2.0 Blog, February 13, 2012
…. Here’s a quick definition of the VOST [Virtual Operations Support Team] concept:
Virtual Operations Support (VOS) as applied to emergency management and disaster recovery is an effort to make use of new communication technologies and social media tools so that a team of trusted agents can lend support via the internet to those on-site who may otherwise be overwhelmed by the volume of data generated during a disaster.
VOS Teams (VOST) are activated to perform specific functions in support of affected organizations & jurisdictions. Each VOST has a Team Leader that reports directly to the affected organization/jurisdiction. ….
For an overview of this concept and how it’s being implemented in the filed, see Scott Reuter’s post What is a Virtual Operations Support Team? | idisaster 2.0.
- What is a Virtual Operations Support Team? (idisaster.wordpress.com)
- Social Media and the Super Bowl: 4 Key lessons for Emergency Managers (idisaster.wordpress.com)
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog; the Woodrow Wilson Center; the Science and Technology Innovation Program; its staff, scholars, or interns.
- RT @john_dingell: I'm the last original author of the Clean Water Act, but I have no idea who/what a Kardashian is and I rarely play games.… 7 hours ago
- RT @john_dingell: Staff has now informed me of what a Kardashian is. I'm only left with more questions. 7 hours ago
- EVENT: Data Journalism and Policymaking: A Changing Landscape #datajournalism wp.me/p1MEA1-my 1 day ago
- Would you wear silicon sensors like a tattoo to monitor your health? The next wearable and unregulated market. to.pbs.org/1yQGQgx 3 days ago
- 115,234 hits