Tech experts exit White House – POLITICO.com
By Kim Hart and Michelle Quinn, Politico Pro, 7/8/11
When President Barack Obama took office, he brought with him a pack of technology advocates with impressive résumés and ambitious visions. They wanted to improve the government through the use of Internet tools and iPhone apps and help shape communications policy to expand broadband. But the core group of techies that launched big initiatives has left the White House over the past six months, raising questions about what will become of the administration’s technology-focused goals…The administration says its commitment to technology remains strong. …
For full text of the article, visit Tech experts exit White House – Kim Hart and Michelle Quinn – POLITICO.com.
- First Ever White House Tweetup? More Like an Old AOL Auditorium Event (roncasalotti.wordpress.com)
Tags: BarackObama, Beth Noveck, Gov20, government, Holdren, OpenGov, OSTP, President, Public Policy and Regulation, Social media, Social Media, Technology, Transparency, United State, Viveck Kunra, White House
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog; the Woodrow Wilson Center; the Science and Technology Innovation Program; its staff, scholars, or interns.
- Geospatial Science & Tech Policy News is out! paper.li/geodatapolicy/… 6 days ago
- RT @AmyDMarcus: Platform crowdsources medical mystery diagnoses sbne.ws/r/pZdH 1 week ago
- EVENT: National Plan for Civil Earth Observations, Thursday September 4th, 1-2:30pm. wp.me/p1MEA1-mW 4 days ago
- Map For Ebola with American Red Cross! wp.me/p1MEA1-mN 1 week ago
- 115,740 hits