Is an Exam in Your Future? Past, Present, Future of GIS Certification
GISCI Executive Director on Past, Present, Future of GISP
By Sheila Wilson, Directions Magazine, Sunday, February 27th 2011
Summary: GISCI’s Executive Director Sheila Wilson writes about the addition of an exam to the GISP certification process. She addresses “the history of the debate, where we stand now, and the options being discussed by the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI).”
Should the GIS professional (GISP) certification include an exam? That question has been asked since the idea of GIS certification originated with the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA). This article will discuss the history of the debate, where we stand now, and the options being discussed by the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI).
For full article, visit: GISCI Executive Director on Past, Present, Future of GISP – Directions Magazine.
- NSGIC News: Should There Be An Exam for GIS Certification? (Updated) (geodatapolicy.wordpress.com)
Tags: Certification, Exam, Geographic Data, geographic information system, Geographic Information Systems Certification Institute, Geospatial Technology, GIS, GIS Certification Institute, GISCI, GISP, Information systems, MAPPS, News and Events, Social Sciences, URISA
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog of links to relevant news, events, and reports, provided for educational purposes only. The opinions and views contained therein are those only of the authors of the original articles. These opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the editor of this blog; the Woodrow Wilson Center; the Science and Technology Innovation Program; its staff, scholars, or interns.
- Geospatial Science & Tech Policy News is out! paper.li/geodatapolicy/… 5 days ago
- RT @AmyDMarcus: Platform crowdsources medical mystery diagnoses sbne.ws/r/pZdH 6 days ago
- EVENT: National Plan for Civil Earth Observations, Thursday September 4th, 1-2:30pm. wp.me/p1MEA1-mW 3 days ago
- Map For Ebola with American Red Cross! wp.me/p1MEA1-mN 1 week ago
- 115,710 hits